We send email notifications to our store owners when we receive a report of an email bounce or complaint resulting from an email sent by EvolutionX.
- In most cases you should react to fix the issue by correcting or removing the email address from the store.
- Email addresses can and will be added to a suppression list if there are multiple bounces but this should not be used in place of cleaning up the problem in the store. This is because it is often a temporary measure and also can still affect our sending reputation.
- We may take further automated action to prevent spamming if we notice an increase in spam and complaint rates related to a dealer's store activity.
- Notifications will come from firstname.lastname@example.org (you should whitelist this email address) but clicking reply will go to our Customer Success Team.
- In some cases you should contact the Customer Success Team for help and you may need to forward the notification email you've received so we can investigate it further.
In most cases there is no benefit in retaining bad email addresses in your store. Remove or correct them when you receive bounce or complaint messages.
If the message is a temporary error, such as mailbox full or an out of office message you can ignore these safely.
If you need assistance you can click Reply on the bounce email and write a note for our Customer Success team with your question.
Common Reasons for Bounces and what to do next
We'll give you as much information as we can when we send you a notification that your email bounced. Bounces are usually one of these reasons:
- The email address is incorrect. Either the user (the part of the email that is left of the @ symbol) is not known or the domain is not known (the part of the email that is right of the @ symbol). These can be the result of a mistake when typing in the email, or testing, or an email account that was valid but has since closed.
- Dummy or test email addresses added by the user. You should remove these from customer and user records to avoid a reputation for sending unsolicited email.
- Old email lists can contain outdated emails. You should clean these up when you receive the bounce reports.
- Automatic replies, such as out-of-office messages. These usually require no action.
- Spam rules on the receiving server rejecting a message on receipt.
Find and remove the emails from the users area of the Admin. In some cases you should contact the customer for the correct email address but remove it anyway as keeping the old address has no benefit.
Common Reasons for Complaints and what to do next
Complaints require action to ensure the reputation of the sender. When you get a complaint be sure to remove the email address from your store or contact the customer if you believe this was a mistake. It's important to respect the senders wishes and stop emailing them when a complaint is received.