When you've sold some products, it's really important you can take payment for these and one way to do this is your customer using credit and debit cards via Authorize.net.
For this article we'll assume that you already have a Authorize.net account set up. If you don't you can set one up by registering directly with Authorize.net here
We're going to set this up via our App Store, but you'll need to get some information from your Authorize.net account first:
- Log into the Merchant Interface.
- Click Account from the main toolbar.
- Click Settings in the main left-side menu.
- Click API Credentials & Keys.
- Enter your Secret Answer.
- Select New Transaction Key.Note: When obtaining a new Transaction Key, you may choose to disable the old Transaction Key by clicking the box titled, Disable Old Transaction Key Immediately. You may want to do this if you suspect your previous Transaction Key is being used fraudulently.
- Click Submit to continue. Your new Transaction Key is displayed.
Get Your Public Client Key
Account > Settings > Security Settings > General Security Settings > Manage Public Client Key.
Then paste in that whole key into the App Store settings
If the Disable Old Transaction Key Immediately box is not checked, the old Transaction Key will automatically expire in 24 hours. When the box is checked, the Transaction Key expires immediately.
Now enter the details into the Authorize.net App in the App Store
👍It's important to make sure that you're using the details from the LIVE Authorize.net environment when your App is set to live and then hit 'update'
The last step is to pop into Store Settings > Payment Methods and activate Authorize.net.
Trouble Shooting Guide
If you are getting the below error, it's because you have the wrong Public Key set in the AppStore. Go up on this article to the "Get Your Public Client Key" section to regenerate a new key.