GDPR Compliance is very important as it's now legally enforceable but it's also just good practice. The easiest way to get started with understanding it is to watch our short webinars. Each is 30 minutes long. You should then continue to research and get help with your ongoing effort to be GDPR compliant. Keep these points in mind:
- It's not just for web stores, it affects many aspects of your business offline and online.
- It's a journey, not a destination. You'll never be done so it should be just part of an ongoing effort.
- Get started. It's not too late. Start simple and work your way from there. You can continue to improve as you go.
Note: This content is designed for both EvolutionX and legacy Evolution Software web stores.
GDPR Webinar Videos
Webinar 1 – Introduction to GDPR for Evolution web Stores
Webinar 2 – Your Privacy document and getting started tips.
Webinar 3 – Controller checklist, Breach Notification, Data Subject Request.
References for more information about GDPR
The GDPR regulations themselves are good to review. Usually at least half will be relevant to you. The Article 29 Working Party publishes official opinions that really matter when it comes to clarifying important concepts of GDPR or Data Protection in the real world. The often include multiple examples to help show how to implement GDPR correctly.
Getting started Guides
- Concept of Personal Data – Article 29 Working Party Opinion 4/2007
- Legitimate Interest of the Controller – Article 29 Working Party Opinion 06/2014
- GDPR regulations in HTML (and here is an unofficial but easier to use version).
- List of many relevant opinion articles by the Article 29 Working Party as provided by the Irish regulator.